WALK, ROLL & RIDE 2015-2016
On October 6, Symonds will start our 6th year promoting active commuting to school.
3 Ways for Students and Families to Participate
1.Ride the Bus Our bus riders are a big part of Walk, Roll & Ride to school. Riding the bus will help reduce traffic around Symonds.
2.Walk to School Kids walking to school get the exercise they need to be ready to learn and add physical activity for fitness and good health.
3.Ride a Bike 4th and 5th grade students are allowed to ride their bikes to school until Nov. 1st and begin riding again after March 13.
2 Seasons of Walk, Roll & Ride-
Fall Session- Oct. 6 through Dec. 15
Spring Session- March 22 through June 2
Walk, Roll and Ride Goals:
- Kids arrive at school ready to learn
- Community Partnerships
- Kids and adults get the physical activity they need to be healthy
- Promote bus ridership to reduce traffic. Fewer cars will increase safety and improve the quality of air our children breathe at school.
- Friendly, neighborhood connections are made. This boosts our sense of community and safety.
- Riding, biking and walking with friends and/or family is FUN!!!
Walk, Roll and Ride Punch Cards Students hang their punch cards on their backpack and each Tuesday and Thursday a student walks, bikes or rides the bus to school the date will be punched. We will have 1 punchcard for the fall session and 1 punchcard for the spring session.
Walk, Roll and Ride Hall of Fame Students turning in a punchcard with perfect attendance will become members!
ALL STUDENTS can participate every Tuesday and Thursday!
Walkers and Bikers
If you are already riding the bus or walking and biking to school, keep it up! Remember upon arrival at school; visit the Playground Punch Station to get your card punched.
Walking to School with a Neighborhood Group
It’s easy to join a neighborhood walking group! Choose one of 2 neighborhood meeting points. Each neighborhood has a Walk, Roll and Ride Captain. Email your neighborhood Captain to let them know you will be joining the group. On Tuesday and Thursday mornings, kids arrive at the meeting place at the designated time. At 8am students will walk and bike to school with parent volunteers. Remember upon arrival at school, visit the Playground Punch Station to get your card punched.
Arch St./St. Margaret Mary Neighborhood Meeting Point
Captains- Gayle Gray and Alyssa Zalaski
- Email: email@example.com
- Meeting Point- St Margaret Mary, 33 Arch
- Drop off time: 7:50am-8am
- Departure time: 8am sharp
Yankee Lanes/Upper Park Ave. Neighborhood Meeting Point
- Captains- Catherine Koning and Chris Verville
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- Meeting Point- Yankee Lanes parking lot
- Drop off Time: 7:45am-8am
- Departure time: 8am sharp
Parent Drop Off Students
Instead of driving your student to school, choose to join one of our 2 neighborhood groups. You’ll be helping your child arrive at school ready to learn and you will be helping us reduce the number of cars around our school and surrounding streets. Add in the healthy fun with friends and Walk, Roll and Ride is a winner!
Bus Riders Riding the bus helps keep the Symonds School area safe and our air cleaner. Remember upon arrival at school, visit the Playground Punch Station to get your card punched.